Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kale Chips

This past Saturday was our first Farmer's Market of the year. The one here isn't huge but I still look forward to it. It's great just to take the kids out and around. Plus, it's next to the train depot and the boys love trains.

I ended up buying two pounds of kale. That's a lot of kale. So, we made kale chips. Actually really delicious! I would warn though-go easy on the salt. I used maybe a teaspoon and it was too much. Also, we stored them in an airtight container and they lost their crispness. A quick pop in the oven would rectify that though.

Kale Chips
-1 bunch kale (or about 8 oz), leaves torn off into about 2-inch pieces
-salt and paprika to taste
-olive oil for drizzling

Toss the kale with seasoning and olive oil. Lay out in a single layer on lightly greased baking sheets (or use a silicone baking mat). Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until crisp with edges slightly browned. Cool and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment