Saturday, January 25, 2014

Almond Pesto

I love Lydia's Italy. And I love PBS. I love that I can watch Lydia's Italy on PBS. And other cooking shows. And Rick Steve's Europe. And Masterpiece Mystery. And any/all Ken Burns documentaries.

But I digress.

I had this recipe from Lydia for almond pesto. Here's what I've learned about pesto-you can make it with just about anything. This one was fantastic on chicken. I cooked up some pasta with it too. And it was delicious the next day. My 3 year old had thirds and my 2 year old enjoyed it. My 5 year old wouldn't touch it but he's going through a picky phase.

Here's the recipe with how I adjusted it to use what I had on hand:
adapted from original recipe from Rachel Ray Magazine

1/3 c roasted almonds
3/4 pint cherry tomatoes
Some chunks of fresh parmesan
Salt
fresh basil and parsley (about 1-2 cups)
Olive oil

Throw everything but oil into a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Add in oil while the motor is running until it is the texture you're going for. Taste, and adjust as necessary.

Not very specific but easy and yummy. Serve over chicken, fish, pasta or all of the above!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment