Friday, August 18, 2017

The One and Only Bread Pudding

Hypothetically, let's say someone finally opened up the vacuum sealing Food Sealer and was having way too much fun using it.
"Oooh, it's so easy!"
" Look, all the air is coming out!"
" Nifty!"
We may be easily amused.
Back to the, ummm, hypothetical situation.
They let's say that someone vacuumed sealed freshly baked sourdough bread. And it maybe sucked all the air out of the bread.
What could be done with this bread disaster?!
Bread pudding. For the win.
My most absolute total favorite bread pudding was revealed to me by the always amazing Pioneer Woman.
Here's her recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/bread_pudding_f/
I did a couple things differently. I didn't cut my bread, but just tore it in chunks with the help of my four year old. I also don't always have pecans on hand so I use whatever nut that I do have. You can, of course, make this nut-free, but the nuts really do add something. Today I had crushed up almonds (also good on yogurt, oatmeal and many other things).  And lastly, I never make the Whiskey Cream Sauce. I'm sure it's delicious, but I never buy whiskey. Whipped cream is usually my choice but it's also amazing with caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce, or homemade apricot butter like I used today.
Make it soon. Make it often. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment