Good morning-afternoon!
It's somewhere in that timeframe, I think. But with all the couch-forts, and playdough, and Legos, and kids in general, I'm not wholly sure. Coffee:thirty probably.
Anyway, so I'm making an attempt to catch up on things not really taken care of. How is that for a good quality sentence written by the daughter of an English teacher?
Ok, this would be a good time for me to get to the point.
Recipe time! I'm going to try to post a recipe a week. *mentally holding myself accountable* Here goes the first one! During VBS week I made some yummy breakfast treats and was asked for recipes. Now that it is more than a month later, I am finally getting around to it.
These cream cheese pastries can be adjusted to just about anything. They are suuuuuuper quick to throw together too. I have some strawberry-rhubarb jam in the fridge now that I made yesterday that would be great on top of these. Nutella is also wonderful. They can be made savory as well. Throw on some sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan cheese for a yummy appetizer. So have fun!
Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries
Ingredients:
1 box frozen puff pastry, thawed (I prefer Pepperidge Farm) or make your own
(http://www.cookwithmanali.com/easy-puff-pastry/)
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Mini chocolate chips
1 beaten egg
More sugar for dusting (coarse sugar is preferred but not necessary)
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix together the softened cream cheese, sugar and chocolate chips.
3. Slightly roll out one sheet of the thawed puff pastry to make an even square. Cut into 9 even squares. Brush on a little of the beaten egg.
4. Put about a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the center of each square.
5. Take two opposite corners and fold them toward the middle, overlapping them. Press them together gently, just to hold them together.
6. Continue these steps for the remaining squares, and then the other puff pastry sheet.
7. Place the pastries on the prepared baking sheets, leaving room in between them. Brush on a little more egg and lightly sprinkle them with sugar.
8. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment