We are going over to a good friend's house tomorrow along with a few other families tomorrow to enjoy some fellowship and food. We all are big fans of food and love an excuse to eat together. I'm bringing a copycat version of a favorite restaurant treat, Deconstructed German Chocolate cake, which is really a flourless chocolate cake topped with coconut mousse and drizzled with caramel and coconut flakes. Really, really good. I will post about it soon because it's too good not to share.
I'm also bringing bacon wrapped, goat cheese stuffed sweet peppers (a less-spicy alternative to jalapeno poppers) and these delicious and unbelievably simple Mascarpone Orange stuffed dates.
To make them, you'll need dates (thanks Costco!), orange marmalade (homemade is the best, but a good quality store bought will work too), and mascarpone cheese (I can find it just about anywhere now-even Walmart. Check by the specialty cheeses.). That's all! Three ingredients. Give 'em a try at your next foodie get together!
Mascarpone Orange Stuffed DatesIngredients:
About 20 dates
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
4 Tbsp orange marmalade
Split the dates down the middle lengthwise and remove and discard the pit. Fill with a small amount of mascarpone-only enough to just fill in the date's center. Put a light dollop of marmalade on top. Ta-da! Easy peasy. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment